Dating back to 1885, The Royal Dublin Golf Club is the second oldest in Ireland. The original course was situated in Phoenix Park to the west of the city, but in 1889 The Club moved to its present home on Bull Island.
In the history of the Club, it is likely that the period 2000 – 2007 will be seen as a watershed, a time when the Club’s members took the steps necessary to restore the golf links to greatness and to modernise the clubhouse to complement the course. Martin Hawtree, the specialist links architect, was engaged to bring the links up the challenge of the modern game.
This project was completed in 2006 and has resulted in a 7,200 yard par 72 golf links of outstanding quality.